[AT] OT Barn floor question

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Oct 20 20:28:08 PDT 2004

I wonder how a floor made of the new synthetic decking material that
Home Depot and Lowe's has for sale would work?  It would let the urine
through to the dirt below and theoretically would not delaminate.  It
also would be REALLY expensive.

I was talking with a friend this afternoon about this material as a
possible alternative to wood for the next time I restore my antique
windmill.  We finally figured that I probably could use it for all of
the wheel and tail fin as long as I didn't try to laminate it for the
hoops.  It's way too stiff for the curved hoops unless I resaw it
extremely thin and then there's the problem that it probably isn't
absorbent enough for any glue to work with it.

Larry