[AJD] Plow for B

Terry & Carolyn Welshans welshans2 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 15:53:48 PDT 2004

Charlie, I say you have done well.  We paid $250 for ours, which was 100%
complete except for a few wrong bolts and the wrong pin in the hitch.  It
was clean, painted, and a little rusty.

I took care of the rust by using it, and for three years it has followed our
B across many a mile.  In fact, we got together with 30 or so guys just last
weekend in Newark, IL for the "Big Toys for Big Boys" plow day.  I burned up
half a tank of gas with a 20kt wind and mid 40's temperature.

The moldboards are getting a little thin at the back, the coulters are
wearing down some, but I guarantee, there is no more rust!!!!

By the way, I find that a #52 plow picks up quite a bit of trash.  It seems
to build around the coulters, and if you don't keep an eye on it, It will
lift the land side wheel up off the ground, making it a little hard for the
trip to lift it out.  There were three of them working Saturday, and we all
had the same problem.  The field was a bean field with corn stubble here and
there.  It had also rained a few days before and things were a little
slippery.  Now, I am not complaining, mind you.  Just trying to describe the
great fun we were having!

Regards,

Terry & Carolyn Welshans
Homer Glen, Illinois

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

www.midwestoilburners.org
www.fokisd.org
www.terrystoy.com