[Steam-engine] Engine

Dan Donaldson ddonaldson at tampatank.com
Tue Oct 19 13:32:19 PDT 2004

Hey Jeff,

    I have found a couple of engines I am considering.
    The first is a 22 hp Gaar Scott that I am very interested in but I will
not be able to travel to see until after the first of the year.  It also
needs a few castings replaced so if anyone knows of any of these engine
around that I could (if I purchase the engine) borrow parts to have cast I
would like to hear from them.
    There is a 26 hp Advance I am looking at also.
    There has been a Reeves mentioned as well that may be for sale but its
iffy.
    I am still open to other egines that may become available as well.  M.
Rumely, Advance, Keck Gonnerman, Gaar Scott, Reeves are a few that catch my
eye.
    I am looking for an engine with a boiler in poor shape but excellent
gearing.

Dan