[Farmall] Farmall H Gas Cap

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Oct 19 10:45:54 PDT 2004

As a temporary measure, to keep trash and water out of the tank, I
suggest measuring the opening (inside diameter and thickness of the lip)
and stopping by your local auto salvage yard to find an old gas cap that
will at least cover up the hole. Just make sure that it doesn't seal
tight or you may encounter a vacuum condition as the tank empties,
mysteriously stopping the flow of fuel to the carburetor. (Drilling a
tiny hole in the cap would solve that problem.)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (1809-1882)