OT: Corvair (was Re: [Farmall] Some ads from the10/16LancasterFarming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Oct 19 10:28:21 PDT 2004

Well, I can't speak for others, but I have long since passed the point
where I enjoyed twisting my self in knots working behind the dashboard
of cars, breaking my back leaning over the fenders, or lying under cars
and trucks dripping dirt, rust, and oil in my eyes. I really enjoy the
fact that 95% of the work I do on my old tractors is either standing up
or sitting on an overturned milk crate. Sometimes I have to kneel, but I
now have some very nice pads to keep my creaky knees from being
punished. :-) And I spend a fair amount of time figuring out how to
approach jobs that look like they might involve lifting something heavy
when I know my old back won't cooperate. Having both a three-point boom
crane and a loader equipped tractor usually solves those problems. Since
I never have the luxury of any assistance, I need to think through any
heavy tasks, both for my own comfort as well as personal safety. The
only thing that I haven't figured out how to do is pull start a tractor
by myself! :-)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (1809-1882)