[AT] OT Barn floor question

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Oct 19 07:31:06 PDT 2004

On 10/19/2004 at 8:51 AM Cecil E Monson wrote:
>I'm not posting this to take issue with anyone as to how to
>take care of horses. I'm just relating how my father took care of his

I mentioned to folks not to write off concrete because I see it often
around here.  One of my hay customers has a brick and rock barn with
concrete floors I would be proud to live in.  In my limited experience it
seems the more expensive the horse is, the more likely it will be on matted
concrete, at least around here.  Of course, keeping a horse in stall too
many hours in a day, day after day, anyways will create problems no matter
what surface you use.

Just reporting on what I see - I really have no experience other than being
around it a lot.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!