[AT] John Blue engine

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Oct 18 15:26:28 PDT 2004

I took a little time today to start investigating the John Blue 1000
that's been setting outside a welding shop in the next town for several
years.  It turns out that the steering gear is messed up on it and the
owner wants the parts replaced rather than repaired.  I took a look at
the steering gear and it's not one I recognize, therefore there appears
to be an impasse on the project.  Apparently, the owner is willing to
sell but wants a hefty price.

The engine name plate says: International Harvester Company, Model UC-60
JBL L0-1.  It's a four-banger.  What is that? Cub? A? Baler? Combine?
Stationary?

Larry