[AT] OT Barn floor question

jfgrant jfgrant at triton.net
Mon Oct 18 13:39:27 PDT 2004

Matt, some time ago I moved a 20' x 30' horse barn that was given to me. i
moved it about 35 miles. What I did was to jack the barn up in set it on 4
12 x 12 beams 25' long. I used a friends semi truck and brought it down the
road "early" on Saturday morning. I did cut the roof off at the hay lofty
line and lay the roof on the hay loft floor and then reassembled once I got
it home. I set the barn back on a block wall with footing. I filled the
stalls with dirt available here on the farm. The barn had four 10 x 10 box
stalls with a 10' aisle.
Your barn could be moved without a floor. The walls should be crossbraced
and fastened to the beams and the beams chained/fastened to the truck or
wagon in some manner. Where there's a will there's  way.