[AT] Tecumseh too far advanced

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Oct 17 16:34:17 PDT 2004

Will,  I have one of those engines.  I called Tecumseh and they told me
there was a problem with the valve train.  They sent me a kit that included
new rocker studs, rocker arms, bolts a tube of lock tite and instructions
for replacing and adjusting the rocker arms.

This was several years ago and I have no idea if Tecumseh would still
furnish the kit for you.

I can't tell you if it worked or not because I never installed it.  I just
didn't need the engine (or the mower it is in) and never got around to doing
the repair.

I've wondered since then if that was really the problem or it has an
internal compression release that had stopped working.

Charlie