[AT] Tecumseh too far advanced

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 16 19:41:37 PDT 2004

Will,

If this is an older engine like an early HH 120 (before 1967 or 1968) having
point ignition, the points will be under a cover  on the right side of the
block near the front.  If the point gap is too wide, that will cause early
ignition.  I think .020" is recommended, but it may be a little less.
Usually the point gap becomes narrow over time (results in late timing)  due
to ware of the fiber rod that actuated the points, but someone may have
gapped yours too wide.  If you have points, check them out.

Charlie V. in WNY