[AT] Tractor Shop Question

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Oct 16 08:35:56 PDT 2004

>Cecil,
>
>Around here those are known as a "whizzer'.  You try your best to do the
>right thing and put in a good working system and legal... but rather than
>deal with the hard nosed people at the county, you simply whizz 'er in.  I
>first learned the term from an AT&T guy who was running a "whizzer' line
>along one of my properties when he was having trouble getting an easement
>from an adjoining railroad.  It's the same idea.
>
>George Willer

         The trouble is that most of those one size fits all regulations
were originally passed to protect homeowners from unscrupulous or
incompetent contractors and builders, not homeowners from themselves. The
original purpose is kind of debatable in itself since as long as you check
reputations most of them (at least local ones) have a reputation to
maintain and guard it carefully. Now the bureaucrats have twisted, lied and
perverted those regulations not to protect people but to give themselves
power. Local planners (not all) can be some of the most power mad little
Hitlers you ever saw.
         I not only consider it acceptable to bend some of those
regulations (a lot of which will not stand up in higher courts anyway), but
I also consider it a responsibility to bend them...   :-)   I also write
the occasional newspaper piece putting them down. The latter does keep me
watching my back a little.   :-)

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA