[AT] Tractor Shop Question

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sat Oct 16 06:49:38 PDT 2004

> I think I'd do what Bear mentioned in his post - just put in a
> couple perforated barrels to take the overflow. The last I heard they
> were in stock at Home Depot and are cheap. The last time I put in a dry
> well (as they are usually called around here), I dug the hole deep
> enough to put in two of these plastic barrels with one on top of the
> other. I packed a foot of 3/4" stone around the barrels as well as a
> foot deep at the bottom. This was put in to take the water from a
> washing machine and has never given any trouble that I know of. It
> wasn't put in here where we live but upstate a long ways from here.
>
> I don't think I would ask a soul about this matter. If you
> ask, they will say no. If you don't ask, what they don't know won't
> bother them.
>
> Cecil

Cecil,

Around here those are known as a "whizzer'.  You try your best to do the
right thing and put in a good working system and legal... but rather than
deal with the hard nosed people at the county, you simply whizz 'er in.  I
first learned the term from an AT&T guy who was running a "whizzer' line
along one of my properties when he was having trouble getting an easement
from an adjoining railroad.  It's the same idea.

George Willer