[AT] Battery load tester

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 15:07:39 PDT 2004

> Cecil
> I have two of the HF testers--one here and one at my Son's.  They work

ok and are light and easy to throw on the bed of the truck or in the toolbox.

They are not as good as the old heavy Christie that I bought before 1970 for

about $90 back then.  It is heavy and I spent more for a new meter (don't ask,

but I broke the plastic cover for the meter part and bent the needle--another

foobar) for the Christie than for the complete HF and I think mine were 19.95

on sale, maybe more.  They get hot when you load a battery and if they have

been setting in the dust, they smell some.  Just don't leave them in the

henhouse--the burning dust from would really stink.  Or maybe the dust from

Farmer's shop or mine might smell--some strange things have resided in both.
> Bear

Bear,

	Mine stinks too at time when it gets hot. I think spiders like to get
in there and that could be what I smell - that and the dust that you always
find in a shop. If I had to work in a chicken house I'd try to borrow Mike
Sloane's or Bob Brooks' tools and not use my own. The switch went kaput on
my tester and being unable to find a decent replacement, I thought I'd just
get a new tester. I have the tester wired now to always be on so I have to
be careful and not just lay it down when I take it off a battery. That spring
loaded switch is a must on a battery tester.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson