[AT] OT-No excuse not to stop in Spartanburg

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Oct 15 11:30:24 PDT 2004

What can I say, George?  "If you snooze, you looze!" is all that comes
to mind.  :-)

FWIW- The sickle bar mower that I had with me at Farmer's has been
delivered to its new owner down by Atlanta.  In exchange for my part of
the transaction, I got one identical to it except that it's in pretty
poor condition and has some missing parts.  I've been able to identify
that the whole bar assembly is a McCormick-Deering model 6 and now have
used OEM parts for that portion of it that I picked up at Burgh's in
western Pennsylvania in early August.  The whole mower is now broken
down to its individual pieces and is being rebuilt from scratch.  The
next time you see that old Economy (Power King) that I had in
Shelbyville, it should have the sickle bar hanging on its side and the
front blade will be in storage.

Larry