[AT] 100 year old stumps are nasty

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 20:57:32 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/14/04 3:45:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cmonson at hvc.rr.com writes:
I was just wondering if anyone has experience with  running an
excavator the size of the Komatsu 150 or a similar size Cat

Bigger is better.  I don't have experience with oak but have  removed 100s of
west coast stumps, fir, maple etc.  One thing for sure  you can't judge a
stump
by it's looks -- just like some "ladies" I have  known. :)  Any stump 24
inches or
more can be very difficult.  My  neighbor brought in a PC 200 several years
ago and
spent about 4 hours on an  old 4-6 foot fir. Put that PC 200 on its knee's.
Once the
40 foot diameter  by 6 foot deep hole was cut around the stump I had to help
get
the beast out  of the hole with the JD-450.

Gary
Renton, WA.