[AT] Time to 'fess up

Gilbert Schwartz gschwartz1 at mchsi.com
Thu Oct 14 18:23:15 PDT 2004

Spencer;  Kind of makes you feel like your brain goes into "disengaged".
I pulled up to a farm gate on a cold morning driving a WD Allis. I
disengaged the hand clutch and crawled off to open the gate. Got the gate
unlatched and felt something touch my back. The WD was helping  me open the
gate. I  jumped  back, the tractor missed me, junked the gate and stopped,
upright,  in the bottom of a shallow ditch about 75 feet away. Nothing hurt
but the gate and my pride. My dad wanted to skin me but was too glad I
wasn't hurt. It was a good lesson for a kid.
Gil