[AT] 100 year old stumps are nasty (burning)

Bruce Fallon bfallon at whidbey.com
Thu Oct 14 18:02:04 PDT 2004

Burning stumps and limbs any source of air works good I have an old squirrel
cage fan when close enough for extension cords or a gas powered fan . Also
putting an old hood or tin sign  sheet metal anything like that over the
pile helps contain the heat and cook whatever you are trying to burn. You
can burn some pretty wet or green stuff with containing the heat down in it
and providing a draft.  It burns a lot cleaner less smoke and irritation for
the neighbors with a draft.

Bruce Fallon
Freeland WA. 98249
bfallon at whidbey.com