[AT] 100 year old stumps are nasty

John Cullom jhcullom at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 14 06:33:16 PDT 2004

My late grandfather always used those red cedar trunks for fence posts. He
died back in 1987, & most of the posts he set from long before are still
there. The trees were rather plentiful too, as it seemed the birds would
pick the berries, then deposit the seeds whilst sitting on the barbed wire
fences. Eventually there'd be a whole line of cedar trees from which to
choose. He even used one each year for a Christmas tree.
John