[AT] 100 year old stumps are nasty

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Wed Oct 13 21:40:04 PDT 2004

Dean,

You missed a good bet if you didn't try to use forced draft to burn it.  It
doesn't take very much... a household vacuum cleaner provides way more than
enough.  I've burned live stumps from live hickory trees using one.  All it
takes is the vacuum cleaner, a piece of pipe to keep it far enough back, and
a shovel so you can move dirt to direct the action.  The action can be
directed to even burn out individual roots.

George Willer