[Steam-engine] hobby boilers

Ken Majeski fuller_johnson1 at msn.com
Wed Oct 13 18:37:47 PDT 2004

Well you can add Wi. also. Non Code boilers can be operated here but are
required to do UT every 5 years. At least for the time being ASME code
boilers are exempt from the UT every 5 years BUT they can order a UT on Any
Boiler if they see fit.

The only limitation on pressure is the calculations based on material
thickness, Safety Factor, Barrel Dia, and Staybolt Spacing.... But we Can
Not go over the original operating pressure no matter how good it
calculates. We have a few lap seams operating in the 125 to 140 PSI range.

Ken Majeski, Ellsworth Wis. Case Steam Engine, Minneapolis Steam Engine,
Rumely Oilpulls H, F, & R. Website, Http://www.pressenter.com/~kmajeski/

Well you can