[AT] Re: [Farmall] Info on HUber Grader

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Oct 13 05:27:27 PDT 2004

I have been wanting a Huber for a very long time, Lane. I have two miles
of private dirt lane that is in constant need of attention, and a rear
blade on a tractor just doesn't make it.

Huber made a LOT of different models, going back to the '40s, so there
isn't one description that would cover them. Early ones were open and
had mechanical controls but later ones had cabs, hydraulics, front
buckets, etc. You might want to contact Douglas Equipment Co. out your
way - he seems to specialize in Huber "Maintainers" (as they were called).

While I would love to have one, they are too big for most trailers to
carry and would require equipment I don't have access to. I would guess
that most of them are about the same size as your Trojan. The big
difference is that the operator stands up in the back - behind the rear
axle!

Mike

Lane Freeman wrote:

> I was asked if I would be interested in a Huber Road Grader that is in good
> condition.  Owner claims it runs and operates but it's in his way and would
> like it to find a new home.  I haven't seen it and its about 50 miles away
> so I'm just trying to get a little info to see if its worth checking out.
> Size, weight, pictures?????  I have a Farmall M Trojan Grader but is in need
> of more hours of work than I have to devote to the project,  how would it
> compare in size??
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Lane Freeman
> New Tripoli, PA

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (mikesloane at verizon.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

"When our resources become scarce, we fight over them. In managing our
resources and in sustainable development, we plant the seeds of peace."
- WANGARI MAATHAI, of Kenya, winner of the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize.