[AT] Old time gardens

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Oct 13 04:46:25 PDT 2004

	Like Mark Greer, and I suppose a lot of others, I plant sugar
snap peas for "in the garden eating" every year. It is one of life's
greatest pleasures to eat them fresh off the vine.

	I also plant early red potatoes, which we both love, and
rutabagas which my wife doesn't care for but I do. As a matter of fact,
it is getting close to time to start eating the rutabagas. Frost seems
to make them taste better.

	We plant butter and sugar type enhanced flavor sweet corn so we
have some for our own use instead of paying $2 a dozen at the stand up
the road. This year, in addition to what we ate, we gave away about 20
dozen or so ears of corn.

	I also have grapes - Concords, Niagaras, Buffalos, and Catawabas
for eating along with blueberries and raspberries. The deer, unfortunately,
will eat every blueberry and grape just as they get ripe enough to eat
so we don't get many of them.

	Our new place won't have much garden area but I plan to have a
raised bed garden there because of the rocks. It will have enough room
for the things we like the best and that's about all.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson