[AJD] Transmission Question

J.R. Hobbs jrhobbs2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 04:56:32 PDT 2004

Huh?  The "AR"/"AO" tractors didn't get a 6-speed transmission until they were styled at serial number 272000 in 1949.  Your 1945 "AR" is exactly like it's supposed to be---a 4-speed.

TSmith1499 at aol.com wrote:
I bought this 1945 Unstyled AR that is serial # 265549. It has 1st, 2nd, and
Reverse, HIgh and Low range. Now according to John Deere all ARs AFTER
serial #260001 are supposed to have 6 forward speeds. Where are my other 2 gears
at? I was just wondering if this is correct info or if this tractor slipped
through with an old trans. in it. Was hoping someone out there could help.
Thanks, Tom