[Farmall] Lp tractor conversion to gasoline

Karl Olmstead olmstead at ridgenet.net
Tue Oct 12 20:05:55 PDT 2004

I think that pretty well covers it, Kevin.  Much easier than going the other
way.  Even if it had the real propane pistons, I wouldn't change them.  If
it's a conversion, it probably still has the gasoline pistons anyway.
Shouldn't be much of a challenge finding standard Farmall parts like carb
and gas tank.  Propane is considerably more complicated than gas, what with
regulators and vaporizers.  It's kind of a shame to switch though; I really
like the advantages that propane offers.  My Liftall forklift with IHC
engine has been converted to propane.  The oil's still clean after several
years of operation.  No danger of flooding the carburetor and having gas run
down thru the rings and into the oil, either.  Starts quickly, runs well,
plugs never foul..  but it is a pain removing the tank and running over to
the propane store.

-Karl

,