[AT] Old time gardens

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Oct 12 15:33:15 PDT 2004

Len,

The peppers are the best.  I wish I hadn't plowed mine under now.  I make it
a point to not leave any to get very old and too hot.

The tomatoes are second best eaten in the garden, but I feel like I should
have a salt shaker along.  A couple things I haven't tried... the Okra and
asparagus.  I may never.  My dog, Reba, likes to dig her own potatoes and
snitch an occasional ear of raw sweet corn.  I'll pass.

I'm sure it has been more than a month since we have had any rain at all.

It sounds weird, but I plan to plow again in the spring... it keeps me a
little ways ahead of the weeds and I enjoy doing it.

George Willer