[AT] Cub engine

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Tue Oct 12 11:52:25 PDT 2004

Wayne,

Yes, two of my Cubs have baler engines.  The parts you will have to change
will be obvious.  Should work just fine.

You'll have to change simple things like the flywheel and fan shaft.  The
water inlet is a little different but just as good.  They'll interchange.
I'm told that the crankshaft is better in the power units, but I don't know.
The RPM is higher, so you may consider changing the governor... but maybe
not.

I'm in the process of converting a later number series Cub engine to use in
a '48.  There are more differences, but should be no problem.

George Willer