[Steam-engine]Jim Machacek steam train in Northfield MN.

Francis Orr steam.boat at verizon.net
Tue Oct 12 09:50:17 PDT 2004

Ted Knack, what are you doing out "chopping cotton?" I thought you were
retired, playing music and resting on your laurels. Any way, it is a little
bit of a surprise to find out what a well kept secret Jim Machacek is. It
could be because he is primarily a RR man and not a tractor guy. He did own
a couple of locomotives at Mt Pleasant (3' gauge ?) and had at least two 2'
gauge engines in Northfield. The one he has on the tracks is from
Czechoslovakia. Ken Peterson, from Minneapolis, takes his fire truck to
Jim's "Open House" every year. I have a good picture of the locomotive and
the fire truck chained together. Who is pulling who? Actually, the loco was
pulling the truck out of the mud. Jim is also into stationary and marine
steam engines.
Francis A. Orr