[AT] Case LA serial #

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 21:40:34 PDT 2004

OK! I got a mystery here, I have lots of books  that tell me that this serial
number does not  exist as is.
I am looking  at a 1940 Case LA Ser. # 4407176 LA
My book says that that the last LI was  4406628
and the 1st LA was 4470201
This tractor seems to fit right in  between these numbers.
The tractor has a 3-71 GMC conversion and has the  single foot brake of the
very early models the ser. # is on the tool box but it  looks as to be the
original one. My 45 has it on the dash and has two foot  brakes that work off of
the rear wheels with huge drums also my 48 has the same  thing.
I have seem early models with both drums and spoke wheels with the  single
foot brake that works off a drum on the belt pulley.
I hope someone  has more info or where I can get more info.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow  Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460