[AT] Help me choose a digital camera

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Mon Oct 11 07:57:54 PDT 2004

Re digital cameras. I have purchased  Sony, Olympus, Fuji and Canon
digital cameras. In the Ok list is Fuji-not the best but OK for the
price, Sony too expensive for the quality and I like Olympus best. Don't
buy one with digital zoom magnification only. I never use the dig zoom
as it makes pictures very noisey. You will end up taking basically two
types of shots. One for e-mail at a 1M (640x480) and one for real beauty
at 3M. My 5M camera has never been used at 5M but if I were to use it in
a family picture setting then it would be at the top end. Most of my
pictures are at 3M which is very good for a 4x6 print and actually
pretty good at 8x10 prints.
jes my $ 0.02
I prefer the Olympus for price/quality and my next one will have
interchangeable lenses.

Wayne
Plainview