[AT] CA tractor with goofy governor--question

Will Powell william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 18:29:10 PDT 2004

John;

You have to bend the rod from the governor to adjust the engine speed. I
remember when my father and I rebuilt our C. My father thought the
governor was set and had it revved up to about 3000 or more RPM....  I
told him that could not be right...

There is a spring that goes from the throttle linkage to the carb. You
will see that the rod has a small hole drilled into it for the spring.
You do not adjust that spring. I believe they are talking about the
spring on the governer but you do not alter the spring itself. Bend the
rod.

Regards;

Will Powell (PA)