[AT] Ford 8N Serial Number Location

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Sun Oct 10 09:23:04 PDT 2004

A neighbor, who recently bought an 8N, drove it by my place last week and
asked me if I could tell him what year it is.  I told him I know absolutely
nothing about Fords but thought if we found the S/N we would be on our way
to figuring it out.  So we looked in the places where I thought the S/N
might be (like on the dash and on the bell housing) but didn't find it.

Question:  Would someone tell us where Ford put the 8N S/N and, for that
matter, what is a web site that shows the correlation of 8N S/N's to year of
manufacture?

Thanks -
Dudley
Snohomish, Washington