[AT] Help me choose a digital camera

Rob Gray Robgray at epix.net
Sat Oct 9 21:51:35 PDT 2004

Wayne Snelling wrote:

> Re digital cameras. I have purchased  Sony, Olympus, Fuji and Canon
> digital cameras. In the Ok list is Fuji-not the best but OK for the
> price, Sony too expensive for the quality and I like Olympus best.
> Don't buy one with digital zoom magnification only. I never use the
> dig zoom as it makes pictures very noisey. You will end up taking
> basically two types of shots. One for e-mail at a 1M (640x480) and one
> for real beauty at 3M. My 5M camera has never been used at 5M but if I
> were to use it in a family picture setting then it would be at the top
> end. Most of my pictures are at 3M which is very good for a 4x6 print
> and actually pretty good at 8x10 prints.
> jes my $ 0.02
> I prefer the Olympus for price/quality and my next one will have
> interchangeable lenses.
>
> Wayne
> Plainview

I had an Olympus digital camera as my first digital and it was a very
good camera. I had it for probably 4 years or so and it worked great,
very reliable and took very nice pics. It finally died last winter and I
purchased a new HP digital camera. I have been satisfied with the HP. It
is somewhat hard to compare the two because the two are a different
generation in terms of technology. That being said, I consider both to
be very well made and reliable but I can put more of a stamp on Olympus
since I had it for a lot longer. It could be dropped, sat on and
generally abused and it kept working great.

Rob
NE PA