[AT] 3 point hitch backhoe attachments?

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 18:47:02 PDT 2004

Carl,

AC built a backhoe (Model Mark 4) for the D-14 and D-17 tractors.  I'm
pretty sure it was bolted rigid to the frame.
Your D-14 has some "hard points" on it for attaching that sort of thing.
The steel beams that run down beside the engine have mounting holes tapped
into them and the rear axles have some drilled and tapped bosses on them.
It would seem to me that you could buy a 3pt mount unit and figure out how
to modify it for a semi-permanent attachment.  Maybe some sort of arragement
that would allow you to leave part of the bracketing on the tractor
permanently and let you attach the hoe it's self with a few bolts or pins.

If you only intend to do light work with it, I feel certain that your D-14
is strong enough to handle a 3 pt unit like you buy for modern "toy"
tractors as I call them.

Charlie