[Farmall] Exhaust lift question

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Wed Oct 6 18:22:19 PDT 2004

The hose goes from the control valve to the cylinder.  With cultivators
mounted it crosses under the fuel tank.  It looks like a garden hose of the
same era and had a female coupler on each end.  If installed and operated
properly, temperature wouldn't be a problem but the exhaust content is.  The
originals were not common hose for that reason.  I have not looked for hase
replacements as I have so far always been able to scrounge an original.  The
hose (and hose washers!) need to be neoprene or better material.

The Sept. - Oct. 2003 issue of Red Power has my full article on it.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net