[AT] Old Grain Elevator and flat belt question

Grant Weir grantweird at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:49:00 PDT 2004

Hi Rick,

   Neat elevator picture!  I've never seen one built with materials like
that - cool.  I collect pictures of elevators so this is great.  I'll bet
there is some nifty machinery inside that building.  What is the location of
this place in Montana?

   I've never tried baler belting but it stands to reason that it would
probably work.  The number of splices needed to get a reasonabley long belt
may be excessive but I suppose it depends on how long of a belt you need.
If it's just to drive a pump-jack with a stationary then sure, but it might
not stand up to threshing or grinding with a tractor if there are several
connections in it.

   I've got a quite a collection of flat belts Rick - let me know if you
need something.   I'm just about to throw some belting away actually.  I've
got several 6" x 25's that would slice down to some nice smaller belts.  I
might just have what your looking for.

Grant Weir
Saskatoon, SK.
Canada