[Steam-engine] Good huber Weekend

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 10:47:56 PDT 2004

Had a bit of good luck this weekend on the Huber 16
project.  I had learned of a small show about an hour
away from a fellow steam man so I decided to check it
out.  He also told me of a fellow local to the area
who had a Huber steam engine.  I traveled to St
Meinrad, IN on Saturday only to be greated by a sign
that read "antique show Oct. 3"  Oct 3 = Sunday.
Since I was in the area of Ferdinand IN I decided to
check out the local state forest and to keep my eyes
peeled for the residence of steam man Francis
Lindauer.  As luck would have it I noticed his barn as
described and stopped for a visit.  Francis was home
and happily showed me his Huber.  Even luckier for me
it happened to be a 16hp model.  While newer than mine
there are still many similarities that will help in my
restoration.  For some of you this is not a big deal
but Hubers are pretty scarce in this part of the
world.  Before this the nearest one was 4 hours away.
Francis is known for Kitten steam engines but has an
extensive collection of various antique power
equipment.  I had a great time visiting with him and
learned a lot.  He even turned me on to some places to
get boiler supplies locally.  Lucky for me I missed
the show because it allowed me a visit with a great
steam guy.

=====
Andy Glines
Evansville, IN