[AJD] 2010 gas-Dare I buy it?!?!?

Brandon Knapp lneuwirth at eriecoast.com
Sun Oct 3 20:47:53 PDT 2004

There is a 2010 gas just down the road from me with all the features we need for a "work" tractor (3pt, 1 set of remotes, power steering, wide front). They want $3500 for it. I'm hoping to get it a little cheaper, one rim is a bit on the rusty side, and the tires will last a while, but definitely aren't new. It looks pretty good (a recent repaint), but that doesn't matter. Of course I need to hear it run, and drive it around, make sure everything works, etc!!!

Anything I should look out for? I've heard of the sleeve deck sealing problems, but weren't these mostly diesel problems and not gas? In any case to see if the sleeve deck is bad...just look out for water and oil in the wrong spots? Any other notorious problems?

Were they 12 volt originally (positive or negative ground?) It has an alternator now. I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Brandon