[Farmall] A Few Thoughts

Craig craiger.mon at verizon.net
Sun Oct 3 07:26:58 PDT 2004

The wife's grandfather had his retirement auction yesterday. Lots of very
old equipment as his family bought the farm with barns full of stuff in
1910.

It was pretty sickening to see the scrap hauler come by to pick his stuff
up. Rotary hoes, harrows, drags etc. Almost everything had been inside for
most of its life and was in good shape. Quite a bummer to watch but I don't
have space to store everything.

One of the most interesting items was a Studebaker horse drawn wagon. It had
been in the barn for all of its life. The original lettering could be read.
It went for $2600.

I ended up buying a 1947 B with the exhaust life cultivators. Pretty much
everything on the tractor is original and it was purchased by my wife's
great-great grandfather. I'm embarassed to say how much I paid, but I now
have the 1951 M that great grandfather bought and the B that great-great
grandfather bought.

I didn't really have any point to this email. Just sharing an experience.

Happy Farmalling.

Craig