[AJD] Mag Removal question

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sun Oct 3 06:14:02 PDT 2004

Easiest job in the world, LeRoy.

Just take it off.  And put it back on.  When you're done there's a mark on
the flywheel for left hand impluse and a corresponding mark on the
transmission case; turn it over and if the marks don't quite line up with
the impluse snap, loosen the bolts and rotate the mag a little until it's
about right.  You could probably even skip this step on getting the timing
just right, I bet a lot of mags get stuck on in about the same position they
were taken off and just used that way.  I've done that and gotten away with
it.

Then the timing will either be right or 180 degrees off; if 180 degrees off
you just switch the plug wires around and you're in business.  If the
tractor starts pretty good you can just crank it and see what happens.  If
it doesn't start or fires back through the exhaust, switch the wires at the
mag and try again.

1974 B, must have been the last one built, LOL.

B²
Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, Minnesota USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.