[AT] OT Computer question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Oct 2 00:42:21 PDT 2004

Cecil,  I think I figured out the problem.  The Microsoft site says my
crashes are caused by an new hardware device that has been installed on my
computer.   The only thing that can be is my weather station and the adapter
cable I use to get the data into the computer.
Here is what I think is happening.   I leave this computer up and running
all the time but it goes to a hybernate state after about 15 minutes of non
use.  However, the weather station is transmitting data to it every few
seconds.   I think that might be causing the problem.   Solution,  Shut down
the weather station software when I am not at the computer.  The weather
station will store the data internally until I down load it to the computer
anyway so there is no real reason to keep it feeding to the computer.

Charlie