[AT] Good grief that is small

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Oct 1 04:46:56 PDT 2004

> The print under those LED's is so tiny that I put my glasses on, then

I walked over to a window, then I turned it to about three different angles

to get the light just right. I am glad to see that they found a full time

job for that old fellow that used to carve the Lords prayer on the side of

a grain of rice but come on people why on earth make it that small?

	I read this post from Farmer yesterday afternoon and laughed because
just a couple hours earlier I was out in the shop muttering to myself as I
tried to make out an embossed schematic on the side of a small plastic light
relay I wanted to install in my Yamaha golf cart. The damn thing was done so
lightly and was so hard to make out that I was almost unable to get the light
in the right position to see what it was. I still have no idea what this
thing was or what some of the terminals are supposed to do.

	This relay is made to use with halogen lights and will save switches
which cannot handle the current. It has two terminals to hook to lights, one
terminal for ground, and one for fused 12 volts from the battery. What I cannot
figure out is one that is "for the switching". Just the way these words are
used is a tip-off that trouble lies ahead. In thinking about it, I suppose
that all relays have to be switched, for one thing, and that the 12 volts is
supposed to go first to the switch terminal and then from the switch to the
12 volts from the battery. Unless someone has a different idea and can tell
me where I went wrong with this, I guess I'll set up a test this morning on
the bench and see if I am right. What puzzles me is why there needs to be a
"for the switching" terminal at all. Maybe it too gets 12 volts to energize
the relay???

	It would sure make things a little easier if they would have just
printed the instructions on a little piece of paper - no, make that a nice
big piece of paper so it can be read. They might have rice grain printers.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson