[AT] Dozer pads

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 17:30:32 PST 2004

--- Ivan Cousins <ivancou at usachoice.net> wrote:

>  I bought a little dozer over the weekend that needs
> some track work .While
> its apart I thought that I'd like to put rubber pads
> on the track since most
> of the garage is surrounded by cement .
Ivan, kinda depends on your grouser height as to what
will work inexpensively.  My best friend has a IH T-20
that he put pads on for parade work.  He went to
Tractor Supply and picked up a couple of horse stall
mats, cut them on his band saw, and stacked them
double on the pads.  Two carriage bolts each, sightly
countersunk.  Has worked well in several parades on
and off pavement.  Looks like they are going to wear
for several years.
Word of caution, use lock nuts instead of lockwashers
and standard nuts.  Does a real number on brand new
rockguards!!  (He made them just a 'little' to close
of clearance, the first time).  They still look
alright after being rebuilt.
I would think, with no knowledge, that poly pads of
any sort might be real slick even on broomed concrete
or asphalt.
Good luck and post pictures when you can.

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!