[AJD] JD Flywheel crank going nuts on eBay

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Nov 29 20:19:10 PST 2004

Greg:

Oh darn. Now ours have really dropped in value. It's not the only NOS one
left!  :-) I had never seen one of these before until I found mine on a
parts hay wagon at the Postma Bros sale. My gut told me I had found
something. Fortunately had my B Repair catalogs with me and figured out what
it was. Had to bid against some heavy hitter NW collectors to get it but I
can assure you I didn't pay anything close to $175 for mine. I thought I had
paid too much. Maybe not, after all.

I wanted it primarily to go with my 1940 Slant Dash B and my early 1947
Slant Dash AN. I'm not sure I really want to try to use it on the AN. That
sucker turns over hard. Had to go to 12V system on it. Maybe it has such
good compression that I shouldn't complain!  :-) I bet the compression
releases would be used immediately.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door