[AT] O/T GM diesel question

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 17:19:30 PST 2004

--- George Willer <gwill at toast.net> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> My 555 had the system but it was disabled when I got
> the tractor.  The
> problem would be using the fire in the manifold and
> ether at the same time.
> I used ether many times with no ill effects.
>
> George Willer

I totally agree George, forgot the grins at the end of
that statement, (oops, my bad). <g>
Actually I would rather use ether (in CORRECT amounts)
as the manifold heater is rather slow.  The best unit
(IMHO) is an ether injector.  Correctly sized and
installed these are just about perfect and start you
up right now!  Ether also doesn't produce the excess
smoke that the manifold heater does, at least on ours.
These 2 Fords are the only ones I have actual
experience on so results may vary.
Did any other engines have similar heaters?

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!