[AT] O/T GM diesel question

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Nov 29 14:06:07 PST 2004

No, Walt, I was writing about the fuel ignition system that is used to
suck burning diesel fuel into the manifold to start the engine in lieu
of glow plugs, not spark plugs. The ignition units that I saw used on
the Ford TLBs was similar to a glow plug, but bigger and hotter and was
threaded into the intake manifold not too far from the connection to the
air cleaner.

Mike

DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/29/2004 3:09:33 AM Pacific  Standard Time,
> mikesloane at verizon.net writes:
> I was told that using ether in  those systems would destroy the ignition
> unit.
>
> Mike
> -------------
>

> Mike  did you mix up the last two subjects between remote lock and glow
> plugs.
>
> Diesels don't have ignition systems.
>
> Walt Davies
> Cooper  Hollow Farm
> Monmouth, OR 97361
> 503 623-0460

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand
Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)