[AT] Ford 2N,8N,9N, wrench

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Nov 29 05:19:21 PST 2004

>And it won't  blow you up if you stick in the gas tank becuse there isn't
>enough oxegon to  burn the gas.  If this was true we would all be blown up when
>ever we  fillup at the service station.
>
>Walt Davies

	I'll check the fuel level with about anything but a flaming stick. If you really work at it you "might" get a
spark out of something iron or steel but not much chance of it, you would really have to be hammering with it a
lot. Static won't do it with something in your hand, not even if your body has a charge. That charge will be bled
off the instant you take hold of the cap to remove it. Static problems are from the fuel moving in the hose.
Take a look at your gas cap... Steel to steel...
	Now if you have a lighted cigarette in the hand with the wrench all bets are off.   :-)

	Hollywood has given us a lot of erronous perceptions of how gasoline really reacts, burns or explodes. I
don't know how many movies and TV shows I have seen where a car goes over a cliff and explodes in mid air
(sometimes even the engine compartment) even though it hit nothing before it became airborn.

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net