[AT] Gas Tank sending unit needed

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Nov 26 15:34:04 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/26/2004 12:46:44 PM  Pacific Standard Time,
hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com writes:
There may be  refinements needed to this but for accuracy mount a bubble
level on the  tractor frame and carefully level the tractor.  Next starting
with an  empty tank add some fuel, and depending on resolution needed add a
pint,  quart or gallon.  After all motion ceases using your favorite  stick
carefully inserted into the tank with the tip touching the bottom  now
withdraw the measuring device and carefully mark the fluid level.   Proceed
with this as a series of operations until the tank is full, carefully  adding
an indelible mark with each addition of fuel.

If you  would prefer to use a pre-marked instrument such as a ruler,  you  can
make a calibration chart and with each addition of fuel take a reading  and
add the information to the  chart.

H. L.

Mike,  You were correct someone would come up with a complicated way to
measure the  fuel tank.
Hey! like I said its not Brain Surgery we just want to know if we  can make 1
or 2 more rounds before going into the barn.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460