[AJD] Ebay 7" Lights probably still a fair price but...

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Nov 23 22:17:23 PST 2004

Chris:

Another thought. Completely restored 7" lights are currently running well
over $100 each. Just give Dave Cook in Wisconsin a call and check the
restored price. The 7" flat lens by itself is over $25.00 each. So maybe a
little work inside you can still have good lights at a fair price. I've had
good luck polishing the reflectors with auto polish and returning enough
shine to make them usable. Dents in the shells are really hard to get out
though.  I've come to the conclusion that Bondo is the only solution to that
problem.

My 1940 Slant Dash B requires 7" Flat Lens lights. I've gathered a few
extra's up in case I need them when I get around to fully restoring the 1940
B. The 7" lights were used on several different tractors besides JD's. The
mounting brackets are different though even within JD applications.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com