[AT] Gas tank sealers

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Nov 23 10:41:58 PST 2004

> Cecil, you have brought to mind another question regarding this Rust Detroyer.  From your experience, it sounds like a terrific product that might be just the ticket for some of my projects around here.  The question I have is how similar this stuff is to the other rust reformers that are on the market?  I've used varying brands of rust reformers that claim to turn rust into a neutral, paintable material - which they all have done.  But in my experience, the rust has returned in a matter of months to a year (maybe I'm using it incorrectly).  Do you feel this Rust Destroyer is a superior product to the rust reformers you can get at the local hardware store or Wal-Mart?
>
> The other question I have about this product: how easy is it to apply paint over it; or rather, how well does paint adhere to this "epoxy" finish that this product produces?  Does it require special prep to get paint to stick, or can paint be applied right over the top?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN

	Personally, Kyle, I've never seen rust return to anything painted
with this stuff. I've never used anything else as this was the first one
I ever saw for sale years ago and I've never had a reason to change to
something else. As to the other questions, you'd have to ask the people
at The Shop and see what they say. I can't say as I have ever had a reason
to paint over it. All I ever did was remove the loose rusty scale and paint
a coat of this stuff on. It smells like an acid until it dries and then
turns shiny black.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson