[AJD] JD 415 Plow

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Nov 22 14:23:28 PST 2004

LeRoy:

One of the first easy detection items is to check to see if the plow is set
up for category II or category I three point hitch. The 411(one bottom),
412, 415 & 416 were intended to be used with the 40 or its follow on
tractors also were set up with Cat I pins.  There were other 2 bottom plows
made in the same era for the bigger tractors such as the 812 and the 2
bottom 810 but they are Cat II plows.

When trying to learn the differences between a 2 bottom 810 vs an 812 I had
to take the Parts Catalogs for each and compare part and casting numbers to
eventually identify which plow I had. The Mast braces have a slight flat
spot on them near one of the ends and the number appears to be stamped in
the flat spot.  The mast braces #'s and other casting numbers have been
quite helpful in identifying plows. The beams do have their respective part
numbers stamped on them but in many cases have never been able to find them
while the plow is assembled.

Then there is a model 35 or 45 model plow which also comes in a two bottom
version but these plows didn't come out until the NG tractors were
available. (1965 -     )

Without a Parts Catalog for each of these plows you probably will be SOL.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com